Honn - The e-book reader for the rest of us.
Import your e-book (currentry ePub format only)
Just try some "free to share" books
Sorry, but non of those books available.
- Reading location sync between devices for DRM-free e-books.
- Reading location autosave (HTML5 localStorage).
- Offline reading (HTML5 appCache).
- Home Icon for each books on iOS and Android.
Plans (includes paid "Pro" option candidates)
- Bookshelf (may restrict number of books for free-plan.)
- Dropbox sync for PragProg and O'reilly books. (Pro)
- Better representation of codes in programming books.
- It is in very "alpha" stage so far. We possibly delete your uploaded books without any notice.
- Some of epub files don't have proper TOC, so TOC for those books looks sparse.
- Offline reading doesn't seem to work on Android 2.3.X dievices.
- In iOS, even if iOS 6, non-image file upload is not supported, and "Choose from Dropbox" doesn't work. So, please import e-books from other systems (mac, pc or Android).
Best practice (iOS with mac)
- Upload ePub file with Safari for mac. You will see "PIN" number bottom of the page.
- Open the book url with an iOS device via "iCloud Tab", then enter the "PIN" number.
- "Add to Home Screen".
When I started reading an O'reilly e-book with iBook, it crashed almost every time, then I looked for a substitute ePub reader, and failed. So I created the one. iBook v3.0.2 seems to fix the issue, but I found that there should be a more DRM-free e-books friendly e-book reader, so I continued...